Friday, April 8, 2011

Kenya

In March, after teaching for two whole weeks, we had our previously scheduled Spring Break. I was able to travel to Nairobi, Kenya, to visit good friends of mine from DCHS, Brian and LeeAnne. They've been living in Nairobi since August, after a four year stint in Korea.

I loved Nairobi, and the national parks all around. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to go to another zoo again!

I spent the week with some other girls who were visiting at the same time, traveling from park to park, taking in nature that I never see here in the concrete jungle we call Cairo. Being in Brian and LeeAnne's presence was fantastic as well, a great time to debrief and refresh for what is shaping up to be an interesting and exhausting school year.





1 comment:

  1. I bet it was amazing to see the animals in their natural habitat!

    ReplyDelete