Sunday, March 24, 2013

"Spring"

For the time being, "spring" is going in quotation marks.  On the first day of "spring" this week we had another 3-5 cm of snow.  Every day this week we had flurries, resulting in more and more centimetres of snow.

ENOUGH ALREADY.

Now I know that after last winter and summer we need the precipitation.  I know that apples were expensive and non-existent.  I know that global warming is bad.  But if I had been consulted, I would have chosen another early "spring."

THE bike sits unused in my dining room and  I continue to drive myself to the Y for spinning classes.



Clearly "spring" is trying.


It's just not quite there yet.


Any thoughts on what the temperature should be for outdoor cycling?






1 comment:

  1. My wife and I have been biking outside for the last 3 weeks but have to go on the trainer off and on.
    5 C is OK if there is no wind .
    Today it was 10 C but windy and we managed to do 80 km in under 4 hours.
    Dress warm with mittens and extra shirt and something warm under your helmet.
    Imagine 40 C in 3 months !.

    ReplyDelete