Saturday, April 20, 2013

Real Riding

This past week we finally had weather nice enough to ride outdoors, long distances.

Last Sunday I wanted to try a longer distance.  I charted a 54km route using Mappedometer.  The route took me north and west of Waterloo, through little towns like Bamberg, Cross Hill, and Heidelberg. When I made the route I completely forgot what Sunday afternoons are like north of Waterloo.  The only people on the roads besides cyclists were Old Order Mennonites.  Of course I didn't stop to take any pictures, as they really don't like that.

Although sharing the roads with the horse and buggies was cool, the unfortunate part was that there was horse poo everywhere!

I used this longer ride in part to determine if anything on the bike needed changing and adjusting.  Fortunately I'm happy to report that after 54 km everything felt great.  I felt like I could have gone another 54!  The only thing I really would have changed was the temperature, and I'm glad we're not riding in 9 Celsius this summer!

I leave you with this gem, from the front yard of a house I passed.




No comments:

Post a Comment