Sunday, May 26, 2013

1000 km and counting!

Tonight when I returned home from my 71km jaunt north-west of K-W, I did some math, and realized that I've biked exactly 1050km! This, of course, does not include all the spinning classes I rode through this winter.

So where have I been, lately, to get to that amazing number?

-all around Kitchener-Waterloo, including many towns and hamlets I didn't know existed: Haysville, Wellesley, Cross Hill, New Dundee, Bamberg, St. Jacobs, Bloomingdale, Breslau, Elmira, Elora, Heidelberg, (okay, so I knew some of those already...)

-a windy jaunt to Fergus last weekend to see the wee ones.

-a 108 km ride with a Sea to Sea expert who also happens to be related to me somehow. Jake wins for prettiest route. We left his house in Mossley and cycled to Port Stanley, Port Bruce and then through Aylmer. I grilled him on Sea to Sea particulars the entire time.

I've been out a few times with groups, but mostly alone, which I do enjoy. It's thinking time!

The bike feels great, my butt seems to be doing okay.

I think back to my first unsteady 13km ride back in April and can't believe how much more comfortable I already feel. And, knock on wood, I have not yet fallen for any reason, including because of the fancy clip less shoes! (Now I think I'm doomed for sure..)

I am flying to California in 26 days. Here is a brief snapshot of what will happen between now and then:
-13 days of classes
-4 exam days
-75 report cards
-50 cumulative assignments of various sorts
-traveling to Chicago with 52 of my favourite young vocalists
-cooking birthday dinner for the world's best dad and his cool friends
-my 30th birthday
-a rockin' fun 30th birthday bash/send off party
-a family day to celebrate everything that is happening in June
-2 games of ultimate frisbee
-3 boot camp sessions
-hopefully 600 more KM!

SO, I'll beg your pardon in advance if the blog gets even more sparse...

No comments:

Post a Comment