Friday, January 8, 2010

Back in Cairo, Happy 2010

Within hours of being back, I had a taxi driver try to kiss my hand, and then try to charge me double for my short trip.

It's good to be back in Cairo...

My trip to Ontario was everything it should have been - family, babies, cold air, snow, friends and delicious home-cooked baking and food. It was also reaffirming: by the end of 2.5 weeks, I was quite ready to return to Cairo, to my own bed, my own students and my life here.

I was reprimanded by more than one of you, my dedicated readers (honestly, I didn't think I had any...) about my lack of blogging. Someone even suggested that my New Years Resolution be to write more often. Having arrived back to find that I do in fact have an Internet connection in my apartment(Shokran, Mohamed Ibrahim!), my only Resolution is to keep posting to the blog.

Tomorrow we are going to Garbage City, so I'm sure I will have pictures and some stories to explain exactly what that is, and why it is an important part of Cairo.

For now, some pics of the visit home:



The ever-growing Marcus family. The next time we do this picture, there will be one more!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you arrived back safely. It was so good to have you home. Can't wait to enjoy some of that sun and heat too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been checking your blog too! another baby! fun fun! who's pregnant?

    ReplyDelete