Monday, June 17, 2013

29+1

With one week to go before the big departure, it was time for a party.

If you ever need to feel good about yourself, or have a reminder about the people who love and support you, throw yourself a party. I'm convinced that birthdays are meant to be celebrated and acknowledged, especially the big ones like 29+1.


Saturday night was also a chance to send off for this crazy journey.


There was delicious cake, hilarious friends, tons of food, smooth sangria... And allegedly a pool to see how many days in I will be reduced to tears. Gee, thanks friends :). Apparently day 3 is a strong bet.

Sunday was family day.  We celebrated spring birthdays, Fathers, ends of mortgages, and enjoyed time together. The family also got into the 'crying pool' and agreed that I might possibly come undone around the end of week two.  (If you're curious about me coming undone during other adventures, this might be a good read...)















With all these celebrations behind, and the luggage/bike/gear gone, there is really only a shrinking pile of grading and report cards between me and my adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Just to clarify, I thought day 3 would be one of the hardest days, not a tear shedding day...

    ReplyDelete