Sunday, August 4, 2013

Day 40: the second Dutch Mecca

Day 40 we traveled from Benton Harbour to Holland, MI.  

We generally call anything less than 100km a "training ride" and today's ride was 95 clicks.  We set out in a rather larger pack with me, Julia, Rachel, Mike, Marc, Kyle, And Jason.  As usual, the rest of them were recovering, and Julia and I were sprinting. Please refer to day 36 for more information on doing stupid things that are also fun. 

Shortly after we woke up, it started to pour.  It rained most of the ride.  Please refer to day 37 for my opinion on that.

There were two churches treating us along the way, the second one was the oldest CRC, in Graafschap.  

Our main objective was to get to Hope College and see miss Christy ASAP. 


Being in Holland was a lot of fun: I met up with a family friend, Dan, and then after leaving him, I ran into a former colleague and his wife on the street.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment