Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 48 yet another Dutch Mecca

Fortunately for my tired body, Saturday was a very short training ride to Ancaster, a whopping 72km.

We were quite tired from an evening out on Friday night, so much so that Adam snuck in a post-breakfast, pre-ride nap!

Rachel matched my excitement for yesterday, and hauled our tired bums into camp at an average speed of 29.4km/hr.  Her family was waiting!

It wasn't as hard to leave Kitchener as I thought, maybe because I know I'll return soon enough.

I got to visit with the lovely Jenn and her wee ones.  This little man has been avidly following our bike ride. If yo look closely you can see the bike in southern Ontario.  So much fun.





1 comment:

  1. Ok, so, I TRIED to get you back to camp earlier, by awkwardly announcing how late it was (yea, that was awkward), but...
    It was awesome to meet your fellow cyclists and friends, Shannon. Glad you were able to muscle it to Ancaster after the late night. I'll make it up to you. :)
    ...A

    ReplyDelete