Friday, August 16, 2013

Day 52:

We started the day saying "by for now" to Dad, whom the boys have nic named "the boss."


Today was another day where I really appreciated being on a bike instead of in a car.  I've driven through Prince Edward County countless times, but had never seen it at 27 km an hour.  I was surprised at how spread out the little towns were.  The night before we were encouraged to take a very brief detour to Lake on the Mountain.  I think most of us were a bit disappointed when it wasn't more of a ... Mountain. Either way, we had a fun little run up the hill and enjoyed the incredible beauty of this mysterious lake.


After Lake on the Mountain we rode the Glenora Ferry to cross the Bay of Quinte, a first for me.



We rode the rest of the day without any major happenings into Kingston.  Upon arrival I finally had time before dinner to take my first nap in Canada.  Seeing everyone has been a ton of fun, but this girl was tired right out!!



No comments:

Post a Comment