Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Day 58

We have been spoiled by the flat terrain basically from Illinois to Montreal.  That all changed today. 

As you can see from the elevation picture, we climbed a lot, and descended just as much. That means our elevation stayed basically the same, but we rode hard.  



I wish I could say that it felt easier than 7 weeks ago in Colorado, but I'm not sure it did.  I must be stronger though, right? I do think my climbing strategy has changed, and we focused on riding steady, not on heroics, all day. 

We averaged 20.3km/hr, and my maximum speed for the day was 65km/hr.  there was some debate at supper about whether this was the hardest day of the tour.  I'm personally not convinced, I think day  16 or day 37 would be top contenders for that prize.

Fortunately we had beautiful scenery all day long, which definitely made the day go quickly.







No comments:

Post a Comment