Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Day 22

I've decided I would rather climb hills (mountains too) than cycle in the rain and fog.  Shortly after heading out yesterday, it started to pour.  It was windy and cold, and looked like this:


My "Trusty" computer stopped working, because it doesn't like extreme temperatures of any sort, and so I couldn't tell how fast I was riding.  When you can't tell your speed, see more than 30 feet in front of you or see cars or cyclists, it feels a bit trippy.  Fortunately that was over after 60km. 

I was riding with Ava and Kaitlyn.  Halfway through the ride Kaitlyn's gear cable snapped and she was limited to two gears - hard, and harder.  Ava pulled for most of the way, and I went beside Kaitlyn to break the side wind.  Together we got her into camp.  Her bike is better now.  By the time we arrived in Limon the sun was shining and we enjoyed an evening of cards and visiting.  Overnight it was only 10C which is a welcome change from some of the temperatures we've had on this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment