Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 37: #%$&:

Cycling through a thunderstorm 5km from camp can be refreshing.

Cycling 143km in the rain and wind is anything but. And then when you arrive at camp, find your pillow wet from the gear trailer and set up your tent in the rain and it rains all night? Let's just say that day 37 had me questioning my sanity.

Just as anticipated, day 36's antics haunted me.  Sore, stiff and tired didn't help at all.

We averaged 20km/hr, which is slow. We had 6hrs28mins of saddle time.  That's a long time to sit on wet shorts. 

Julia flatted around 10:30am, I had a flat tire 6 km from the camp. 

The showers were lukewarm, the food didn't taste good.  I was in bed by 8pm and slept the whole night through. That was probably for everyone's benefit.




1 comment:

  1. Sorry to say I chuckled through this post. I find it hard to believe one day to the next can be so different. Hope you got those bike shorts dry...

    ReplyDelete