Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 38:

This week is developing a pattern that makes me nervous for tomorrow: good, bad, good.  

Distance doesn't always dictate mood or ease of ride.  Today we rode 153km and it was easy and fun. 

Julia and I headed out at a good pace, picked up Mike and some others until we were too tired, dropped 2km/hr off our pace and just kept rolling. 

We were on beautiful trails most of the day.

I got an epic flat tire:

I might have been a wee bit energetic from last night's 10 hr recovery nap, or maybe it was that i knew we would encounter my favourite bicycle built for two:


Tonight I am chilling in a queen bed at my dear Kristin's place in Lansing, IL.  College friend reunion part 2.  It's the small things...
 

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a GOOD sleep in that bed and feel re-charged to continue. Michael wanted to know if I wanted to continue camping after Kingdom Bound this week and I said, "Of course not! Shannon's going to be here next Friday!" Can't wait to see you. Hope you have good days from this point on!

    ReplyDelete